Monday, April 26, 2010

Curly Ribbons

One day, while surfing the 'net for who-knows-what, I came across The Ribbon Retreat and it's free tutorials for ribbon crafts. They are a ribbon store, and they want you to have lots of uses for their ribbon. 

Before stumbling upon this, I had NO IDEA how korker or curly ribbon was made. Since I had some dowels and some clothes pins, and some ribbon, I gave it a go. Then, quickly, ran out and bought more clothes pins and more ribbon! It's too easy!! I'll let you go to their page for the actual details, but here are the basics:

Twirl ribbon around dowel, securing in place with clothes pins. Put in oven (get details on The Ribbon Retreat)


Remove from oven, let cool a bit, unwrap, have curly ribbon. Wow!




Here, I was experimenting with wrapping ribbon around a hair clip, but then it had long tails, so since it is metal, I figured the oven couldn't hurt it, so wrapped the tails around the dowel and stuck it in the oven.




It's been about a month and I haven't gotten any further on that green clip project...

I did use some of the corkers I made to decorate Kaila's Easter pigtails:





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails